Pages

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Cross Country

WALT: show not tell.
The day has come our school cross country. My body was quivering and my head heating up as if it was going to burst into flames. I breathe in and out trying to calm myself down.
I felt like I was going to melt as my legs were not powerful enough to hold myself up.

At the start line I am ready in my position to run. I feel like a panther ready to attack my prey and the others are too. “ Clap” and were off. We run and run as if our prey as gotten away. The other girls run like they are having a race to have each other's territory.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle, you have done a good job in showing not telling your reader. I really like the line "my body was quivering".

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.