Pages

Friday 17 March 2017

A splendid day at the polyfest

This is my story about my first time going to the polyfest. It was amazing and I really enjoyed it. I am pretty sure that everyone else who went had a good time too. If you want to find out my favorite highlights and what I enjoyed then read on for more.


One highlight is about the Maori stage. The Maori stage was fantastic. There were stalls to buy shirts that relate to Maori, stalls with Maori taonga (pendant) and a place where you could get a moko(a girl in our class kept on saying modo). Food stalls and so much more.

My second highlight was travelling around to explore a lot of amazing things that was happening. My favorite part about exploring was getting a moko because that brought out the true Maori part in you. With a moko was great and that was my favorite part about exploring every stall.


My third highlight about the polyfest was watching the performances. Really it was only the Maori stage that had the most performances but there were other stages that mostly had talking based on their culture. The importance about polyfest is that it’s a competition for all colleges to express themselves and show everyone about their culture. Polyfest is a cultural competition that happens every year.

Going to the polyfest was my first time and my first time was the most amazing thing ever. Also a huge thanks to Dezarae’s aunt Leslie for looking after us on a fantastic trip and a huge thanks to all the other parent helpers who came along and looked after our wonderful tamariki. So that’s my story about my first time going to polyfest. Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle
    I was reading through your post and it sounded great. It must of been a splendid day at the polyfest. Although you had some mistakes, I know you can do better than this. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle, I'm glad you enjoyed Polyfest. Did you manage to eat any nice food?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.